Chief of Police: John Rosecrans
The Monte Vista Police Department has 12 full-time police officers, including the Chief of Police. These officers patrol the City of Monte Vista 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
Our mission is to establish and maintain an ongoing community partnership. We are committed to enhancing the quality of life for all people in our City. We will fulfill this mission with courtesy, integrity, and quality service.
In support of the mission statement, the Monte Vista Police Department will establish and maintain an ongoing community partnership through:
- Proactively and harmoniously working to reduce crime, disorder, and the fear of crime
- Enhancing and enriching the jobs of all employees by developing their professional skills and knowledge; thereby encouraging dedication and participation
- Providing police services to our community in a consistent and professional manner
- Encouraging employees to identify problems and participate in their solutions
- Committing to quality service and to the relationships with those we serve
Please click here to download all Municipal Codes pertaining to the Monte Vista Police Department.
Are you willing to help make a difference in the quality of life in the Monte Vista community? The Monte Vista Police Department is seeking qualified volunteers to fulfill a variety of duties, from working with youth to data entry and evidence processing.